Thank you for your interest in St. George Catholic School.
The schools of the Diocese of Baton Rouge, Louisiana, admit students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at its schools. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in the administration of educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school administered programs.
Students are admitted with the understanding and on the condition that they will meet the rigors and requirements of school life (i.e. attendance, conduct, and academic progress). Students are considered for admission at the discretion of the Admissions Committee with the final approval of the Pastor and Principal.
Admissions - New Students
New student applications for grades PreK - 8 are available beginning November 1. Applications are to be completed online and submitted with a non-refundable application fee. Copies of the following documents for the applicant should be uploaded with the application: birth certificate, immunization record, social security card, baptismal certificate (if applicable), first reconciliation certificate (if applicable), first communion certificate (if applicable), current and all prior report cards (if applicable) and standardized test scores (if applicable).
The deadline for application submission for the first round of application processing is December 15.
All applications are reviewed by the Admissions Committee. Applicants (PreK - 8) will be screened prior to acceptance to determine academic and developmental readiness. Acceptance criteria will then be considered.
Admissions - Re-enrollment
Re-enrollment for current students is held in January. Re-enrollment must be completed online and submitted with a non-refundable re-enrollment fee.
Re-enrollments submitted after the deadline are subject to a late fee or will result in students having to apply as a new student (see process under Admissions - New Students)
Student Acceptance Criteria for Enrollment
St. George School will comply in every way with the Diocesan Guidelines for admission of students as stated in the handbook of policies for the Schools of the Diocese of Baton Rouge.
All students currently enrolled at St. George School in Kindergarten through seventh grade will be given first priority for admission for the next school year. Due to the possibility of limited space, new student applicants will be accepted to St. George School according to the following criteria:
- Siblings of students currently enrolled
- Registered St. George Parish families actively participating * in all phases of stewardship (prayer, offering, ministry), with no children currently enrolled. Parents who are St. George alumni are given preference.
- Catholic students transferring from a Catholic school who are active parishioners and now reside within the territorial boundaries of St. George Parish. Parents who are St. George alumni are given preference.
- Registered St. George Parish families not active or participating in all phases of stewardship (prayer, offering, ministry) with no children currently enrolled. Parents who are St. George alumni are given preference.
- Out of parish Catholic families with no children currently enrolled.
- Non-Catholic families who allow their children to participate in the school’s religious program other than the actual reception of the sacraments.
*DEFINITION OF AN ACTIVE PARISHIONER
The word “parish” comes from the Greek word “paroikia” meaning “a pilgrim people.” When we register with a parish, we are saying that it is our intention to journey along the road of Life and Faith with a particular community of people by our active participation in its mission and vision. To be identified as an active parishioner of St. George parish, we ask school families to fulfill the following criteria for the last 12 months.
- Regularly participate in the life of the church by attending Sunday Mass and receiving Sacraments
- Maintain a twelve-month history of contributing through the Sunday offertory via envelopes or online giving
- Commit to a generous, sacrificial and proportionate commitment of one’s time and talent in service to the broad mission of the parish
Tuition and Fees
Tuition rates and fees for St. George Catholic School are established annually by the administration in consultation with the School and Parish Finance Committees with the approval of the Pastor. St. George Catholic School has three tuition rates: IFS (Identified Financial Steward), NIFS (Non-Identified Financial Steward) and non-Catholic. The IFS tuition rate is for registered parishioners who are identified as financial stewards and active parishioners of St. George Parish. The NIFS tuition rate applies to all other Catholic families who are not identified as financial stewards as deemed by St. George Parish and/or who are members of other parishes.
School fees, in addition to tuition, include a registration fee, a student fee, which covers a portion of the cost of books, other school curriculum related expenses and Home and School Association dues and a technology fee. A per family building fee is assessed annually to cover current and future capital improvement projects. Eighth grade students are assessed an additional fee to cover the cost of special activities. A student’s registration is not considered complete until their registration fee is paid. Registration fees are non-refundable. Students with delinquent tuition may not re-register for the following school year until all financial obligations are fulfilled.
There are two options for payment of tuition:
- Pre-payment of tuition in its entirety in May or a payment plan through FACTS. The payment plan offers monthly, quarterly and semi-annual payment options.
Late or non-payment of tuition and/or fees:
- A penalty charge will be added to unpaid accounts once the account becomes delinquent.