Any adult (18 years and older) wanting to volunteer with children of St. George Catholic School must fulfill the following requirements as mandated by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops and the Diocese of Baton Rouge.
Completing the Volunteer Certification Process
The following certification requirements may be accessed by visiting the Diocese of Baton Rouge Office of Child and Youth Protection’s website [here]. On the bottom right side of this web page you will find links to numbers 1-3 below:
1. Complete an EAPPS Application
* Items that have an asterisk (*) must be answered in order for the application to be complete.
* For the Reference section, please list a complete address (house number and street name), along with contact information (area code and phone number).
* You must INITIAL each of the items in the Declarations section.
3. Complete the New Training: Serving Vulnerable Populations online tutorial.
* Once you have completed the online tutorial, please print your certificate and submit it to the school office.
4. Background Check/Fingerprinting – Background check packets are available in the school office for pickup.
Please contact Susan Giles at 225-293-1298 or Susan.Giles@sgschoolbr.org with questions or if additional information is needed.